Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Weight Loss

My mom is a damn good cook.

Which can be dangerous.

Actually, the meals she cooks us are mostly very healthy, but they're so good, I normally want second and third helpings. Also, all the snack food she buys for my dad and brother taunts me 24/7. I'm a choco-maniac, so the cookies, doughnuts, etc. ALWAYS find their way into my mouth.

When I was at my apartment, I was doing a pretty decent job at dieting. I ended up losing somewhere between 10 and 15 pounds because, if I wasn't supposed to eat it, I just didn't have it in the kitchen. I was in full control over what foods I made available to me. Now that I'm living at home, I can't just not have junk food in the house. My mom buys a TON of healthy things- all fresh vegetables, tons of fruit, whole wheat bread... But that stuff doesn't sound very good when there's a cupboard full of chocolate.

I joined a gym and did pretty well at going three to four times a week... for about a month. Then the last couple weeks I've sort of fell off the wagon. Last week, I went once or twice. This week, I haven't gone at all. It's so easy to say "forget it." It's funny how quickly I forget how good it makes me feel after even just 30 minutes on the treadmill.

I need to get better at both these things. I can't just eat tons of junk food and not go to a gym I'm paying for for the next five or so months I live here. I would really like to feel great about my health this summer (when one has to wear less clothing).

So, as a last-ditch effort, I will be blogging about my workouts and dieting once a week as an attempt to feel perhaps some accountability. And maybe blogging about The Struggle (because it will be one) will help too? Wishful thinking.

So here we go- maybe my next post will have good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment