Sunday, November 18, 2012

#16... Slowly but surely...

Oh hello, blog. Have we met? It's been so long, I can't remember.

As I finally pass the halfway mark of my challenge, my only accomplishment is that the gap between books is getting shorter. Two months to a little over a month.... Yay?

I finally got around to reading another classic:

It took me FOREVER to get through it, mostly because I'm so ridiculously busy. But also: even though it is hilariously written, the plot isn't incredibly exciting. That's not to say it was bad. There were a lot of times when I reacted to certain lines with genuine laughter. Holden definitely has a way with words and he's just funny.

I will say that I kept waiting for some sudden twist of events that forced me to continue reading and kept me away from my schoolwork. But alas, I never really got that. I kind of liked the ending, though. It wasn't terribly exciting, but I liked the reality of it. The fact that he really wanted to do something fun and wild and crazy, but that's not how real life works. Of course, fun and wild and crazy is what makes many books great, but it was sort of refreshing to read otherwise. Maybe it's just me, but I digress.

I give it a solid three stars.

My next book is part of a series that I read almost every year around Christmastime. Ah, traditions. :) Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment