Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Casual Vacancy

The first book of 2013 is hereby completed!

This morning, I finished The Casual Vacancy by the brilliant J.K. Rowling. This was the first ebook I purchased on my new Kindle Fire HD that I got for Christmas and I bought it with high hopes.

I'm really disappointed that it didn't meet my expectations or live up to the legendary Harry Potter series. It's possible that, had it been written by another author, I would have been more impressed. But, because of everyone's high expectations, I kind of feel indifferent about it.

It was alright. A million characters and tons of plots and storylines to keep track of. It was hard to get through the first half. The second half was much better, but I still did not mind putting it down... 

Three stars. Sorry, Jo.



In other news: CAN I BE DONE WITH GRADUATE SCHOOL APPLICATIONS YET? MY GOSH.

No comments:

Post a Comment