Friday, December 30, 2011

50 Book Challenge: 2012

I've seen this idea around for a few years and I've always wanted to try it, but I didn't think I could do it. 50 books is a lot. I mean seriously a LOT of books. Especially with my busy life, it actually seems near impossible. With the new semester and my first season as an assistant high school speech team coach looming with the start of the new year, the odds are not in my favor. In fact, I can hardly say that I've read five books in 2011, so what makes me think I'll read fifty in 2012?

There is nothing in me that believes I'll make it to 50 and I've decided that's hardly the point. For me, it's more about accepting the challenge and giving it a shot. You know, "it's the journey, not the destination." I enjoy reading and it's something I want to do more of in 2012. I've thought about making it a "New Year's resolution" of sorts, to read more books. But that's too vague and when have I ever succeeded at a New Year's resolution before? Simply turning the word "resolution" into "challenge" may be the secret, and I'm excited and motivated to find out if that's the case.

In any event, I'm hoping it'll be a hell of a good time and that I'll find some great reads. (And maybe I'll finally be able to cross off "write a blog" on my bucket list!)

No comments:

Post a Comment